Things going on at the Bellefontaine House. . .
news | events | community
Our own historic James Moore Cabin, as well as the last remaining segment of the Kaskaskia-Cahokia Trail, will be stops on this Road Rally to celebrate Illinois' First Road. Not only will you get to take in the beautiful countryside, you will get to experience some of the deep history that our area was built on.
Stops on the 2021 Road Rally include:
• Holy Family Church - 9-11am
• Martin-Boismenue House - 9-11am
• Miller-Fiege Home - 9:30am-2:30pm
• Peterstown House - 9:30am-2:30pm
• James Moore Cabin/KCT Remnant - 9:30am-2:30pm
• James Seely Historic Marker (picture only)
• Maeystown Mill Museum - 9:30am-2:30pm
• Fort de Chartres - 11am-5pm
• Creole House - 11am-5pm
• Modoc Shelter (picture only)
• Pierre Menard Home - 11am-5pm
• Kaskaskia Bell State Memorial/Immaculate Conception Church
Explore Waterloo's Night at the Museums 2018 event
We had a great turnout for our annual Explore Waterloo's Night at the Museums 2018 event. Folks enjoyed Hopskeller's Illinois Common, a pre-prohibition ale honed to a smooth, dark perfection. To round out the taste-bud tango, Schneider's provided four fantastic brat samples from their large selection of flavors. Event go-ers enjoyed a couple of long-time favorites, Jalapeño & Cheese Brat and Bacon & Cheddar Brat, as well as tasting a unique variety in the Garlic & Butter Chicken Brat. The best was finding out that we were some of the first to try a new flavor officially released the day of our event, the Hopskeller Brat. Beer IN the Brat. . .what a concept! Thanks Hopskeller and Schneider's for making our event a HUGE success.
Preserve you memories, keep them well, what you forget you can never retell.
~Louisa May Alcott